Keyword Research for SEO
Keywords provide the foundation of SEO. If you would like to be found on Google, you must focus on this crucial aspect.
Find out how hard it is to rank for certain keywords
A proven framework to find the right keywords for you
Data driven approach to maximise success
Keyword research is the process of understanding how to best reach your target customers when they are looking for something you offer.
Keyword research is the only way to figure out what people are typing into search engines and should be done by any company looking for success in their marketing.
What questions can keyword research answer for you?
- Will it be possible to rank for a certain keyword? If so, how difficult will it be?
- How much traffic will I receive if I rank for a certain term?
- How likely am I to generate business through this keyword? Let me calculate the Return on Investment for you as part of my seo services.
- What pages am I currently ranking for?
- Is my current content likely to rank for the desired keywords?
An overview of keyword research:
Find out your main keywords
Find out which keywords best represent your business. This makes it easier to generate ideas.
Find out out which keywords your competitors are ranking for and how much traffic they receive from these.
Study your niche
The previous steps can still leave gaps. We use your industry knowledge combined with more in-depth concentrated research to find any golden keyword opportunities that we may of missed.
Build a strategy
With all of the new keyword data, we can formulate a strategy to help get your website ranking for the specific words. This could be as simple as making small changes to existing content or perhaps as big as building a dedicated knowledge base to target difficult keywords over many years.
How do we analyse keywords?
Simply looking at data can be pointless and time-consuming unless you have a method of sorting through. We will use SEO metrics such as:
- Search Volume: How many times a keyword is getting searched for per month. It's important to note the region of Google such as the difference in searches in USA or UK.
- Clicks: Simply put, how many clicks are the keywords getting every month. There can often be a big difference here and it's worth taking the time to evaluate.
- Potential Traffic: This ties in nicely with competitor research. If you rank for a certain keyword, how much traffic is this likely to bring you. Will it make a difference if you are in 8th position vs 3rd? Obviously it does but how big a difference?
- Keyword Difficulty: Possibly the most important aspect. A very accurate metric which can make all the difference to whether your website ranks for a given keyword. We can see how hard it is going to be to rank for a given keyword in terms of backlinks required to get into the top 10.
- Cost per Click: This has more cross-over with using Google Adwords (or similar) however it can provide a great insight into the profitability of any given keyword.
Why is Keyword Research so important for your website?
Keyword research is one of the most important parts of an SEO consulting services. You have to know what keywords people are searching for before you can even think about how to optimize your website and get it ranked higher so that more customers will find you.
Some keywords are searched for more often than others. These words and phrases can make a big impact on your strategy, so it's important to know what they mean in order to improve their effectiveness.
People often make the mistake of optimising their websites for keywords that are irrelevant to what they actually sell. This can be detrimental as it may attract people who don't want or need your product, and do not return again in the future due to a poor experience with you.
Keywords should align completely with what products or services you offer so as not only to get more visitors but ones that provide value. In particular for local business.
The keywords that will bring the right kind of people to your website AND help you rank for what they are looking for is a precious commodity, and finding them can be difficult. But with careful research and some elbow grease, it's not impossible! Luckily, a seo consultant can help you here.
Finding the perfect keyword phrase to focus on can seem like an insurmountable task at times: how do I find something popular enough without being overcrowded by competitors? How do I make my site stand out amidst so many others vying for visitors’ attention? Am I using social media correctly? These are the questions a good SEO consultant will help you answer and local search such as 'window cleaner london', it can make the world of difference.